FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Thank you for your interest in TheBrowRescue.
These are the most commonly questions asked about microblading and other forms of permanent makeup.
Please read in its entirety before booking your appointment to ensure you’re a good candidate and you are fully prepared before your appointment. I am so excited to meet you and work together to create your dream brows!
WHAT IS MICORBLADING? (Also referred to as hair strokes, 3D brows, feather strokes, micro-strokes)
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup which a specialized hand held took holds disposable micro blades, is used to create thin, hairlike strokes throughout the eyebrows giving the illusion of natural, full brows. This is a semi-permanent procedure that last 1-3 years.
WHAT IS COMBINATION/HYBRID BROWS?
A combination/hybrid brow combines microblading hairlike strokes with machine shading. Results for this style of brow typically lasts several years depending on your skin type.
Soft shading provides a more filled in and defined brow and can be customized to give you a variety of looks, from natural or more bold. This style is best suited for all skin types including oily skin, aging skin or active lifestyle such as swimming, sweating, sun exposure.
WHAT IS A POWDER BROW? (Also known as Ombré brow)
Powder brows have no hairlike strokes and is made of machine shading. A single nano needle machine implants small dots of pigment into the skin. Pigment can be layered until the desired saturation is achieved.
This style of brow can look just as natural as microblading. If you have oily skin, large pores, or very coarse hair, a powder brow can provide the best healed results with the perfect powdery finish. Although powder brows look intense at first, these are not sharpie looking brows, they heal very soft and natural. This type of brow is ideal for all skin types.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Permanent makeup is designed to fade over time and everyone holds pigment differently. On average, it should last 1-3 years. Skin type, age, lifestyle, medications, metabolism can affect the longevity of the pigment color. Following the aftercare provided by your artist will get you the best healed results. Touch-ups are normal and expected for permanent cosmetics and are recommended. Depending how your skin breaks down the pigment, brow touch ups can happen every 12-24 months.
Due to the nature of skin, final results cannot be guaranteed. Permanent makeup is a 2 step process and requires a 6-10 week touchup appointment in which we can asses your pigment retention and make any adjustments necessary.
DO I NEED A TOUCHUP/FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT?
Yes! We call this the “perfecting session”since we will asses the pigment retention, perfect the shape and color and can add more dimension. The touchup session also increases the longevity of your beautiful new brows.
DOES IT HURT?
Topical anesthetics are used to help make you comfortable throughout the procedure. While pain tolerance varies from client to client, most clients report little to no pain.
WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
In the hours following the procedure, will appear much darker and bolder than when healed due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Pigment will typically fade from 20-40% once healed. Around day 4-5, you may notice light scabbing or flaking on the brows. This is a normal part of the process, do not pick or scratch them. Picking the flakes will result in pigment loss and cause possible scaring. Once all the flakes have fallen off around day 10, the brows will appear much lighter. The pigment will continue to surface/darken over the next few weeks.
Any pigment that doesn’t return once fully healed, will be addressed at you touchup appointment.
To achieve the best results, it is crucial to follow the given aftercare instructions. All products needed will be provided at your appointment.
- Keep your new brows dry until all flaking has stopped. Avoid getting them wet in the shower, avoid sweating, saunas and steam for the next 10-14 days.
- Pat wash/pat rinse your brows morning and night with cleanser provided for 10 days. (This is the only time water should be used on your brows)
- Apply a super thin layer of healing balm to the brows morning and night after each wash, also or 10 days.
- No makeup on the brows for 10-14 days, once all flaking is done. You may wear makeup around the brows but avoid treated area as much as possible to avoid infection.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks. Please plan beach vacations, weddings, family photos or important events accordingly.
- Do not touch, pick, rub or scratch brows. Let all flakes come off naturally, picking them off will remove pigment prematurely and can lead to patchiness and scaring.
- Avoid all anti-aging or acne products on the brows, even after healed. (Retinols, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic acid, etc.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Avoid face scrubs, Botox, fillers, microdermabrasion or chemical peels at least 2 weeks prior.
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin/ibuprofen, fish oil, Vitamin E oil that may thin your blood at least 72 hours prior to your appointment.
- Waxing/threading is not recommend or necessary prior to your appointment. It is preferred to have your brows grown out and I will clean them at your appointment. If you want to have your brows cleaned up beforehand, please do so 2 weeks prior. If you tint your brows, do so at least 7 days before your appointment.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine 12 hours before your procedure.
- Wash your hair the day of your appointment if possible. You will need to keep your brows dry for the next 10-14 days and freshly washed hair will give you an extra few days before your next wash.
- Avoid exercise the day of your appointment since it causes increased blood flow and will cause excess bleeding which can lead to poor healed results.
- You are welcome to come with or without makeup to your appointment. We will be taking a lot of before and after photos so come however you feel comfortable.
- Feel free to come with your usually brow makeup so the artist can see your everyday look you prefer.
- If you have any reference pictures, please feel free to bring these tor your appointment and we will work together on creating your perfect brows.
Just BREATH & RELAX! I know feeling anxious/nervous is completely normal. We will work together and map out custom brows that will fit your face, compliment your features and frame your eyes perfectly and create your dream brows! It’s time to get excited about waking up with perfect brows everyday!
LIP BLUSH PRE CARE
- If you plan on getting lip fillers, must be done at least 2 weeks before.
- Hydrate! Drink lots of water as this will help reduce dryness of your lips.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take an anti-viral medication such as Zivorax or Valtrex 5 days before, the day of then 5 days after or as advised by your doctor. If you are unsure, you can always take an over the counter Lysine medication just to be safe.
- Please begin exfoliateing nightly 48 hours prior, with a lip scrub, soft toothbrush or wash cloth followed by a lip treatment or lip mask.
AM I A CANDIDATE?
This procedure is NOT suitable for the following candidates:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Currently using or have been on Accutane within the last 12 months.
- Have sunburned or freshly tanned face
- Have had Botox or chemical peels within the last 2 weeks
- Are taking blood thinning medications or antibiotics (may be a candidate for powder brows only, please email [email protected])
- Are undergoing cancer treatment
- Chemotherapy or Radiation treatment within the last 12 months
- Must be 18 years old
I’VE HAD MY BROWS DONE WITH ANOTHER ARTIST, WILL YOU DO THEM?
If you’ve had previous work done by another artist, you MUST text me a clear picture of your brows without any makeup before booking an appointment.
I want to give you the best results for your brows and will typically only work over other artists work if it’s at least 80-90% faded. If you are unsure, please send a picture via text or email. We also offer saline removal so if I don’t think we can achieve the best results, this is an option.
All new clients to TheBrowRescue is considered a new initial session, not a touchup. Working over someone else’s work is called a coverup.
Coverup’s are more work since in most cases we have to color correct, shaping is more difficult since we are confined to previous work and the skin integrity is compromised depending on old micorblading that was done, may have been too deep and possible scar tissue.
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY ANNUAL REFRESHER/YEARLY TOUCHUP?
After your 6-10 week touchup appointment most clients are able to go 1-2 years between their annual touch ups. Depending on your skin type and lifestyle and how you care for them in the long term, will determine the longevity of your permanent makeup.
Allow your brows to fade at least 40-50% before making your annual refresher appointment, if you are unsure, text or email a picture and we will let you know.
DO I NEED A CONSULTATION BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT?
At this time, I do not offer in person consultations, however, the consultation takes place the day of your appointment and before we begin the procedure. If you’d like to send a picture of your brows before your appointment, please feel free to do so!
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
The initial appointment is 2-3 hours and your touchup appointment is 1-2 hours.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
48 hours notice is required to cancel or make changes to your appointment.
Any cancellations will result in your $100 deposit and you will be charged 20% of your appointment.
NO-SHOWS will result in loss of $100 deposit and will be charged 50% of your appointment will be due before you can reschedule.
All deposits are nonrefundable. If you reschedule in less than 48 hour notice, a new $100 deposit will be required to book another appointment.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
Average pricing for Permanent Makeup in Arizona ranges from $500-$1200.
This investment lasts most clients 2-3 years between color refresher is needed, when initial and touchup sessions are completed.
INITIAL SESSIONS - $650 (add $50 for correction work)
6-10 WEEK TOUCHUPS - $200
ANNUAL REFRESHERS - $350
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED?
A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required for all appointments. The remaining balance is due at your appointment. We accept, debit, credit card or cash.
We now offer payment plans! See if the payment plan options is right for you! https://pay.withcherry.com/thebrowrescue
Buy your permanent brows and lips now, PAY LATER! The process is EASY & QUICK! This is instant with no paperwork and does not hurt your credit!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive promotions, news & updates!